Re: ASP and Oracle

From: Michael Rothwell <marothwell_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 12:15:05 -0700

Daniel Morgan wrote:

> Michael Rothwell wrote:
>

>>I have been asked to look into porting an ASP system to an Oracle DB.
>>Currently, they are using SQL Server and retrieving data via stored procs.  I
>>know how to migrate the DB, but what work will have to be done to the ASP code
>>to be able to access the Oracle DB as well as the SQL Server DB?
>>--
>>Michael Rothwell

> You do understand you will need to rewrite every proc to have a REF CURSOR as an
> OUT parameter?
>
> If connecting via ODBC and all SQL is in the procs ... essentially nothing need be
> changed. If the SQL is being
> passed through ... everything needs to be rewritten.

Yes, I am aware that I would have to re-write all the procs, and I had counted on that.

All SQL is in the procs, so what I dont know is how ASP is written to make these calls. After I change the procs and the ODBC connection, what needs to be done to the ASP code?

--
Michael Rothwell
Oracle/Sql Server DBA/Developer/Web Enabled DB's