Re: ASP and Oracle

From: Michael Vick <Mike-Vick_at_swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:11:02 GMT

Hello, After reading the other 2 replies, I was thinking about the autonumbering in SQL Server and the Sequences in Oracle. I had to chg a fair amount of ASP code for this conversion. Please review that possibility. for me in 2002, it was a little bit of a challenge. For more if requested.

PS: the 2 other replies are excellent ideas.

Michael Vick

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:3f1680b7$0$15037$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net...
> "Michael Rothwell" <marothwell_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > I have been asked to look into porting an ASP system to an Oracle DB.
> > Currently, they are using SQL Server and retrieving data via stored
procs.
> > know how to migrate the DB, but what work will have to be done to the
ASP