ExecuteSql Problem (VB6/Oracle 9i )

From: JP <jplante_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:11:22 GMT

I wrote a small VB application that will read in an Oracle package from a text file and apply it to the database using the ExecuteSql function. The package is created on the database successfully but with the following error: "Encountered the symbol "" when expecting one of the following; begin end function pragma ....." The funny thing about this is that if I choose to edit the package, using Enterprise Manager, and then make a minor change to it just so it's modified (add a space anywhere in the text) it then compiles successfully without any errors. The process is done in two steps where the package definition is done first followed by the package body; in both cases I'm receiving the same error. I've also tried using CreateSql but I still receive the same error.

The following is the function I wrote:

Function ExecuteScripts() As Boolean

    Dim sFileName As String
    Dim sScript As String
    Dim nCount As Integer

    On Error GoTo Error_Handler

    ' Loop through the array of script names and execute them     Do

' Get the filename of the script from the array
        sFileName = sFileArray(nCount)

        If sFileName <> "" Then
            ' Create the directory\filename string
            sFileName = GetFileDir() & sFileName

            ' Read in the script content
            sScript = ReadFile(sFileName)

            'Execute the script
            OraDatabase.ExecuteSQL (sScript)

        Else
            Exit Do
        End If

' Increment the array counter
nCount = nCount + 1

    Loop

Error_Handler:

    If Err Then

        ExecuteScripts = False
        Err.Raise Err.Number, , Err.Description
    Else
        ExecuteScripts = True

    End If

End Function

Thanks,
JP Received on Thu Jul 17 2003 - 09:11:22 CDT