Re: Optimisation issues.

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:07:33 GMT

Hi Craig,

Us Canberra guys have got to stick together :)

There could be a number of reasons some of which include:

The reason why selecting just the status column uses the index in test is probably due to the fact that it doesn't need to visit the table if using the status index hence making the index more appealing to the cbo.

Are the statistics as listed in the DD similar between the two databases? What are the execution plans ?
What's the cost of using the index (via a hint) and how does it compare to the FTS ?

Good Luck

Richard