Newbie - dynamic field value generation

From: Toney <tl.ash_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:06:43 GMT

Hello,

I thought I'd hit up the Oracle gurus in the crowd to seek any assistance and/or strategies on approach.

I have one table with straight forward static tasks (not a problem). Now I want to build a table that can generate a task on-the-fly. For instance, the number of CPUs scheduled for installation would change depending upon the office location that the task is scheduled for. The number would be pulled from another inventory table based on the office location id. Ideally I could have multiple office locations scheduled to implement the same task, yet the task displays correctly based on the office scheduled.

id_cd, tsk_nm_txt, tsk_dsc_txt

id#, Task Name (Install x CPU(s)), Task Description

100, 'Install x CPU(s)', 'Any description will do.'
101, 'Install x Laptop(s)', 'Any description will do.'
102, 'Install x Printer(s)', 'Any description will do.'
103, 'Install x Hub(s)', 'Any description will do.'

Thanks and appreciation in advance,

Toney..... Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 18:06:43 CDT