Re: Oracle 9.2 Install problems - IP Address

From: Simon Knights <simon_at_bridge-village.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:36:40 +0100

In article <3f156cc7$0$15031$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>, n- litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk says...
> "Simon Knights" <simon_at_bridge-village.org.uk> wrote in message
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am trying to install Oracle 9.2 on to a Windows/XP machine for the
> > first time, but am getting the following error:
> >
> > "Thrown when the IP address of a host can not be determined"
> >
> > I am completely stymied by this a would appreciate any advice that can be
> > give.
> >
> > I am neither a Windows nor an Oracle expert and am floundering around
> > getting nowhere!
> >
> > Many thanks in anticipation.
> >
> > Simon Knights.
> > UK.
>
> When do you get this error?
>
> Also what version of XP, I believe that you require XP pro.
>
> It sounds like it is saying that the machine does not have an IP stack,
> which seems unlikely.

Niall,

Its XP Pro and, yes, it does have an IP stack and is currently connected to an IP network via Token Ring. Still get the same problem when it is not on the network.

The message occurs just after the installation starts on the first CD.

I have another XP Pro machine where the installation was fine.

Simon Knights.
UK. Received on Wed Jul 16 2003 - 10:36:40 CDT