strange things between Enterprise and standard edition

From: roberto santinelli <robertos.esc_at_dbcaditaly.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 17:17:08 +0200

Hi everybody,
i have a very strange problem. Please give me few minutes to explain you the situaton.
I have a DB Oracle 9i Enterprise Edition running under WINDZOZ . All my data (both spatial and
alpha numerical) are correctly available to my users. Right yeasterday i done a dump file for a schema with also spatial data inside and i correctly imported this file in to another DB Oracle 9i with the Standard edition (ms WIN). No matter to worry about the different version (Enterprise and Standard) for the spatial data because Oracle Locator seems to be well working as Oracle Spatial. Trying to query this DB i have many kind of problems: for some table it's impossible to establish a connection. for other, problem in retrieving simple alpha numerical data and for other again, in retrieving spatial data. It happens the two DB 's record track are completly the same; the same all the data and metadata, index, sequence and so on. No significant difference between the two DBMS arises.

SO MY QUESTION IS: DO YOU KNOW SOME BUG IN THE OLE_DB DRIVERS for the standard edition or conversely an incompatibility between the Enterprise and the Standard edition or do you have already met with this strange fact or similar??

Thanks in advance for any kind of help

looking forward for your news
Roberto Received on Tue Jul 15 2003 - 10:17:08 CDT