Re: Which is faster? <> or Between

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2003 23:14:12 -0500

On 30 Jun 2003, pablo_at_dev-null.com wrote:
> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in
>

>> Now if you don't have CREATE TABLE that could be a problem. But if
>> you don't have CREATE TABLE you aren't a developer.

> A shame that you have to give a developer CREATE TABLE on a production
> machine to replicate the problem that 'only shows up on a production
> instance.'

Does anybody alter the create table statement for the plan_table to be

   create global temporary table PLAN_TABLE (

then create a public synonym to that? Each developer could then run a non-named plan, then their plan query and then truncate the plan_table, all without having to have created a table or mess up someone else by cleaning it out with a truncate.

(Oh well, this is how I do it for development instances, so that nobody has to continue to recreate their plan_table as their schema gets cleaned out)

--
Galen deForest Boyer