Re: Why is it so hard to find?

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 13 Jul 2003 12:34:56 -0700

"Bob Woodward" <bobw56.at.rkwco.com> wrote in message news:<vgva2fokehi9ea_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message
>
> > From here ... little or no sympathy.
>
> Boy you can say THAT again! I >>>HAVE<<< a valid domain! I was looking for
> a STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWER and you people seem to think anyone who doesn't
> already KNOW oracle, has to be some kind of genetic THROWBACK. You guys
> need to quit looking down your snooty nose so much and remember there was
> probably a time that YOU didn't know Oracle, either!
>
> Post after post I read where you people tell others to go read this, go read
> that, go hire someone who knows what the hell they are doing, "sure we could
> tell you but if you have to ask then you're not smart enough to know what
> you're doing anyway", on and on and on. And I'll bet your hard learned
> knowledge was paid for by someone else, too!
>
> SHIT! You people are CRUEL in this newsgroup!
>
> Yes, my email address is correct and if you want start pissing on me, do it
> in PRIVATE. Oh, that's right. My domain isn't valid. But why do I even
> bother? Oracle isn't worth the hassle.

i told you to start with sql. its the fastest way to start... what are you looking for a poster that gives a list of commands? what do you want?

the basics can be found by learning sql and reading the concepts document. I have no idea what you are looking for.

your saying: ok I have sqlplus up... now how do I make a database? what is a quick start guide?

me: Qucikest start is SQL and Concepts guide.

this isnt the 'Matrix'. We cant stick a cable in your head and allow you to download Oracle knowledge. Its not that hard to learn SQL if you are already a programmer. If you want a tutorial like they have on sun.com for java do a search on Oracle Tutorial. Lots of Freshmen/Sophomore level classes have them on the web. Its basically going to be basic sql and concepts. Exactly what I told you to read. Received on Sun Jul 13 2003 - 14:34:56 CDT