Re: Why is it so hard to find?

From: Bob Woodward <bobw56.at.rkwco.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:15:19 -0700

> There are several ways of getting involved with an Oracle database - as an
> administrator, as a database developer, as an applications programmer and
as a
> data user.

I think this is one of the key concepts I've been unknowingly struggling against. In my current experience, database developer and application programmer are pretty much the same hat. To get the knowledge I want I guess I'll have to let go of the app. pgmr. thoughts until I have a handle on the db.dev. concepts. Thanks for pointing this out.

> It sounds like you are trying to move from app programmer toward database
> developer. My interpretation is roughly "an app programmer deals with
data
> manipulation and data query/reporting" whereas "a database developer deals
with
> managing the types of data the app programmer deals with". In this case,
> definintely go through the concepts manual!

Yep. That's the ticket. Have they invented that "ESP Module" thing yet? The one that you plug into your head and suck the knowledge out of things directly into your brain? I think I need one of those things.

Thanks, everyone, for all your suggestions and recommendations. Received on Wed Jul 09 2003 - 12:15:19 CDT