Re: Unbreakable web hosting

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 7 Jul 2003 14:32:31 -0700

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:<3f0960c0$0$18489$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>...
> "Jim Watt" <jimwatt_at_aol.no.way> wrote in message
> <snip perfectly valid points about spam and inappropriate posting>
> > Who in their right mind uses a REAL email address here? Do so and the
> > offers of a larger dick, mortgages etc will stuff your mailbox
>
> I do, of course this may prove your point about right minds. For me it seems
> just common courtesy if one is offering advice on what may be business
> critical systems to have a traceable contact address.

That's why I use my real name but a dummy address. If anyone asks I tell, and it's easy enough to find without asking, but the spambots haven't quite figured it out. Although I am starting to get stuff in an account that I only give out to well-verified places, so I'm starting to suspect a particular association (encompass) has been hacked or sold out. My completely unused backup accounts haven't gotten anything, so I don't suspect my ISP.

> And of course my p*nis is now 68 feet long and I have 12.5 billion in
> unsolicited gifts from African crooks in my bank account, so I don't need a
> mortgage :(

I had to totally laugh when I saw the Liberian president is being offered asylum in Nigeria. I bet he'll actually have $20,000,000 and need someone to help him get it out of the country, and no one will believe it! :-)

> <snip xposted groups my news server can't resolve>

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/uniontrib/mon/news/news_1n7liberia.html