Oracle 8i and newer JVM/JRE

From: Cory C. Albrecht <coryalbrecht_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:37:56 GMT

Hello all,

I just got hold of a copy of Oracle 8i (8.1.6) and when I went to install it I noticed that it wants to install a 1.1.7 or 1.1.8 version of the Java Runtime Environment, but I already have Java 1.4.1_03 installed. Is there any way to make the 8i installer recognize that there is alreay a JRE available? I went through the custom install, and unchecked all Java-related ptions, but it stsill wants to install it's own JRE and to do so right over top my current version of Java.

Any tips or pointers? I couldn't find anything searching oracle.com or with Google.

--
Go and rate all 7 seasons of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
http://www.sentex.net/~corya/PETW/