Re: Dyanmic sql and "INSERT... RETURNING"

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:32:52 +0200

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:18:44 GMT, "Alessandro Nazzani" <alexnsb_at_tin.it> wrote:

>> You also don't need to reboot because you can
>> definitely use alter system kill session '<sid>,<serial#> to kill the
>> session causing the problem
>
>What would be the equivalent in WinNT? (closing the SQL-Plus window and/or
>logging out didn't seem to help).
>
>Anyway, I tried your suggestion but it still hangs hogging the system. I'm
>invoking it as:
>
>SQL> select STORE_TEST(5, 259, 222, 10, 5) from dual;
>
>Is this the correct way to check it?

1 alter system requires firing up a second sql*plus session the alternative would be to use orakill
in that case however you would first need to retrieve the threadid of the offending process

you can do that by
select spid
from v$session s, v$process p
where p.addr =s.paddr
and <any other criteria on v$session

2 That is one of the ways to do it.
Could you check (connected from a different session) what the procedure is waiting for or enable trace in the session?

You can check what it is waiting for by selecting from v$session_wait (use select * from dict where table_name like '...' when I have mixed up underscores and plurals)

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jul 04 2003 - 13:32:52 CDT