Re: opatch error. Help please!

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:37:48 +0200

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:26:00 -0500, Vince Laurent <eAddict_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>>Check read/write/execute permissions and make sure you are logged on as
>>Oracle, not as root.
>
>Yup. Logged on as orabde (the oracle user).
>
>r/w permissions of what file/dir?
>
>Thanks!
>Vince

All files in $ORACLE_HOME and all oracle data directories also make sure the Oracle executable and the tnslsnr executable have the setuid bit set.
However from your description it looks like their might be a dangling .lck file. Each instance has a lock file, and those are located in $ORACLE_HOME/dbs
dbstart will complain when starting a database and the lock file hasn't been removed by the last shutdown

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Jul 04 2003 - 13:37:48 CDT