Re: Dyanmic sql and "INSERT... RETURNING"

From: Alessandro Nazzani <alexnsb_at_tin.it>
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 07:18:44 GMT

Sybrand,

thank you very much for your reply.

> Also you don't need to reboot, as somewhere in the future the function
> will complete.

Well, that was an unexpected behaviour (I thought it would execute instantly) and I guess I was fearing it was performing some undesired/unneeded operations.

> You also don't need to reboot because you can
> definitely use alter system kill session '<sid>,<serial#> to kill the
> session causing the problem

What would be the equivalent in WinNT? (closing the SQL-Plus window and/or logging out didn't seem to help).

Anyway, I tried your suggestion but it still hangs hogging the system. I'm invoking it as:

SQL> select STORE_TEST(5, 259, 222, 10, 5) from dual;

Is this the correct way to check it?

> Time to buy the book of Feuerstein on pl/sql I guess

Yeah: thank you for this advice too.

Regards.

Alessandro Received on Fri Jul 04 2003 - 02:18:44 CDT