Re: Just need a small hint re: mirroring tables

From: Paul Murphy <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:58:21 GMT

Anurag Varma wrote:
> "Paul Murphy" <pmurphy_at_scsinet.com> wrote in message
> ---snip--
>

>>1. They don't want to give any permissions whatsoever across schemas
>>(even though the data is going to be the exact same data and permissions
>>would be granted only on those 3 specified tables).
>>
>>2. They are worried about Maximo putting locks on the table and Lawson
>>not being able to handle the situation (both apps are supposedly
>>designed to assume 100% availablity to those 3 tables for their own use).
>>
>>I know this sounds irrational, but their attitude is: "We want mirrored
>>tables in separate schemas, period. Can you do it or not?"
>>
>>I think I can do it with something like this:
>>
>>CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER MyTrigger
>>
>>AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE OR DELETE ON Schema1.Table1

> --snip--
>
> ok ... They don't want to give *any*permissions whatsoever across schemas...
> How do you think your trigger will work without you granting any
> permissions?
> How do you think a materialized view approach will work without granting any
> permissions?
> How do you think *any* approach will work without granting any permissions?
>
> Tell them to contact Ms Cleo. She might be able to help :)
>
> Anurag

I should have been more specific. They don't want to grant any maximo user account any lawson object permissions or vice versa. They're perfectly OK with me creating a totally separate user that's not part of maximo or lawson and giving it permissions on both tables. -Paul Received on Wed Jul 02 2003 - 11:58:21 CDT