Re: Oracle Takeover Bid of PeopleSoft Falls Through

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 08:42:14 -0700

Frog wrote:

> Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote
>
> > If Larry wants it Larry will get it.
>
> Isn't Larry the prick who said: "Winning is not the most important
> thing, what's important is that everyone else loses."?
>
> > Antitrust won't get involved as long
> > as SAP, Siebel and BAAN exist.
>
> Are you saying that Siebel and Baan offer the same broad sweep of
> applications as the Big Three (SAP, PSFT and ORCL)? Your argument is
> flawed and will not be acepted by DoJ.
>
> > And Larry's friend Bill is working on
> > a product or two too.
>
> Great Plains is nowhere yet. And given MSFT's recent lacklustre
> performance everywhere outside their monopoly playpen, it may never
> amount to much.
>
> > Go for it Larry. And after you've bought it ...
> > close 'em down. Daniel Morgan
> > damorgan_at_u.washington.edu
>
> Well, what a selfish, myopic turd you are, Mr Morgan! If Leisuresuit
> Larry buys PSFT, I shall be out of work. In fact I many never work in
> IT again. I shall lose my house, my car, my career and my entire
> working future. My family will suffer terrible stress and hardship. So
> will thousands of the people employed by PeopleSoft and their
> implementation partners. Jerk.

That someone that can't post in a usenet group without using inappropriate language might lose their job hardly fills me with angst. The English language is rich. Try using words you'd have the courage or civility to use if you were standing in front of someone rather than hiding behind a browser.

But if you think the DOJ is going to protect you stand in line behind all of those people protected from Enron, WorldCom, etc.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu