Re: Daylight Saving Code

From: aruneeshsalhotr <member32378_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 14:40:42 +0000

Hi,
I didnt expect that my little query would spark off such a discussion on the topic. It feels nice to see people discussing on the same.

I know Oracle doesnt offer the daylight saving concept, and it really has heartening to see the same. I then jumped onto creating something that could accomplish the same. Decodes really came in Handy.

My purpose was to evaluate the daylight saving for each row, and I am sure making it more efficient like you all are discussing, would definitely make a world of difference.
Since I am very new to the world and mysteries of Oracle, I consider my first big endeavour in learning the DB a good start.

Aruneesh