Re: performance problems

From: Georg Walk <Georg.Walk_at_cai.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:39:08 +0200

Hi,

many thanks for your response on my posting. I will give you some

informations to your questions:

database server was also domain-name server. we moved them to one of the

citrix-servers. In the windows logfiles we found some advices to networking

problems.

700 MB are allways free;

backup of the system every night. We have no permantly archive-system

running, but i am not sure what happend with the logs. Can i define the

dimension of the log-files?

that.

Many thanks in advance. It would be a great help for me

Georg Walk

"Karsten Farrell" <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:MPG.196a35d43f0fd1589897db_at_news.la.sbcglobal.net...
> Georg Walk was kind enough to write:
> > We have performance problems with a complex system. We use a compaq
proliant
> > double-processor with a Raid-5 System and Win2000 as database server, 3
> > Citrix-server and about 90 clients. The problem is a little bit
curious. We
> > have some days without problems and than some days we have performance
> > problems between 20 minutes and sometimes the hole day is bad.
> > We cannot determine any simular situation. The only point is that it
looks
> > like the applications are waiting for response of the database-server.
But