Re: I have an interview - PL/SQL...

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 1 Jul 2003 17:25:24 -0700

"Cynic" <dfee> wrote in message news:<vfkbqm6u35ev86_at_corp.supernews.com>...
> "Billy Verreynne" <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za> wrote in message
> > "Cynic" <dfee> wrote:
> >
> > > I'm going to an interview for a PL/SQL developer position. It's been a
> > > little while since I've worked with PL/SQL, so I'm wondering if anyone
> > > knows of a good online source for either a PL/SQL cheat-sheet type
> thing,
> > > or a good refresher tutorial.
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > > P.S. Even better, if someone has one of those "common interview
> > > questions" for PL/SQL positions, that would be great.
> >
> > So you're planning to bullshit your way through the interview?
> >
> > In that case, I'm giving the agency a call and telling them I'm not
> > interested in interviewing you anymore. We do have a sale's position
> though
> > that may be better suited for you..
>
> In case you haven't heard, the interview process is a game.

Came across this more general link:
http://www.artima.com/wbc/interprog.html

The "microsoft interview questions" have made it to Reader's Digest (very interesting reading when sitting in the opthamologists waiting room waiting for the dilation chemicals to take effect). How about some Oracle interview questions? Like:

How would you design Larry's bathroom?

Why are the Oracle headquarters buildings shaped that way?

Describe the logic of Oracle stock returns.

If you could be any type of patent, what would you be?

Decompose a chicken.

You are stranded on a desert island with your 4 favorite cd's, a solar powered cd player, a fishing pole and an islander who only speaks in click-sounds. What do you do?

Explain the government acquisition process if you were the government.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
I hate the interview games.  Much prefer just showing up and working.