Re: Which is faster? <> or Between

From: Isaac Blank <izblank_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:56:10 GMT

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:3f015c46$0$10629$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net...

> Of course, the developers will do this in development, the changes will go
> through QA and then be applied to production, by the production DBA.
> Otherwise you don't have a change process.

In our environment, the Release team puts the new code into the database, not the DBAs. So the concept of "production DBA" is somewhat blurry. None of our DBAs knows the application to a degree where he/she can influence the development beyond the physical object placement. But I understand we're a strange beast. Half of our database developers used to be DBAs at some point or have completed DBA training. Received on Tue Jul 01 2003 - 10:56:10 CDT