Re: help needed - migration of Forms 3.0 to Forms 6.0

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:12:49 +0200

Answers embedded
On 30 Jun 2003 09:31:24 -0700, sheryaby_at_ushustech.com (shery mathew) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have some queries regarding migration of Forms 3.0 to Forms 6.0..I
>am sure some one out there will be able to help me out..
>
>1. Can Forms 3 and 6 application communicate with each other ? e.g. if
>Forms A is in 3 and Forms B is in 6, and they talk to each other - can
>Forms
>A pass arguments to Forms B and vice versa?

Forms 3 and Forms 6 are incompatible

>2. Forms 3 application has SQLMENU; In Forms 6, it will be replaced
>with Forms application for each menu. How do we ensure that a user has
>the
>same entry and exit point if part of the application is in Forms 3 and
>parts
>in Forms 6 ?

You have to upgrade the complete application.

>Plz help me out in this regard. This's very urgent..

It is not. You have had about 10 years to get rid of Forms 3.0 and you didn't do anything.

>Thanks & Regards,
>Shery

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Jun 30 2003 - 12:12:49 CDT