Re: PL/SQL: Printing questions

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 09:10:17 -0700

george lewycky wrote:

> I have Oracle Apps ( AR & GL) and I working on creating our own
> Invoice but I'm unsure about certain aspects of PL/SQL & Printing.
>
> I have some PL/SQL working with the invoice data from AR_INVOICE_HEADER_V
> table already.
>
> 1. DBMS_OUTPUT vs. TEXT_IO
> What advantages exist for the two ?
>
> 2. Page breaking ??
> How can a perform a page break other than setting the lines per page?
> I will have situations where page breaks will occur before I reach
> the page break point
>
> 3. Is there a TAB feature?
> I need some method to position the text in a way other than
> using the space bar.
>
> Thank you very much
>
> George Lewycky

No verison information so what you get will possibly be of limited usefulness.

I'd use neither. Neither is a report writer and each of limited usefulness.

Why not Oracle Reports? Discoverer? Seagate (Crystal), Cognos, Brio?

Unless you are donating your time the cost of you writing this stuff manually is a magnitude or more greater
than the cost of using the right tool for the job.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu