Re: how to make a backup sql file for my database??

From: osy45 <member18536_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 05:46:27 +0000

you can take cold backups of your database files with shutting down the database first
or follow a strategy called hot backup; backing up the datafiles while the database is up and running; setting each tablespace in backup mode before

or you use exp/imp utilities
exp to retrieve the DDL and the DML as well

with exp and option show=y you can pipe your Schema.DDL to a file but it doesn't give to the DML which is still in the file and can only be read using imp util

see the utilities manual or the backup and recovery manual for details