Re: Oracle Takeover Bid of PeopleSoft Falls Through

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 06:35:33 +0200

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 22:52:29 -0500, karthik <anon_at_anon.com> wrote:

>Front end logic (like in VB, Oracle Forms and Centura) is much more
>easier to maintain. Its suboptimal as its slower. But where performance
> is not an issue, one is better of putting the logic in the front end
>if we are connecting to 3-4 databases.

I disagree it is easier to maintain. Usually it is spread all over the application. Usually the unlucky third-party DBA doesn't have access to the source/ Usually performance *is* an issue, and the application guys are blaming the third-party DBA for it all the time. Usually NO ONE is EVER connecting to 3-4 databases, and NO ONE is so STUPID to use databases from different vendors. Usually those ERP applications are just a BIG PAIN IN THE ASS

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jun 28 2003 - 23:35:33 CDT