Re: Oracle Takeover Bid of PeopleSoft Falls Through

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 10:29:31 -0700

karthik wrote:

> <snipped>
>

> True, Oracle ERP does have foreign keys. But do you know why other ERP
> systems may not?. This is because almost any good ERP will implement
> their own data dictionary with respect to foreign keys. Meaning, they
> will enforce the delete rules themselves.
>
> <snipped>

Which is 100% effective right up to the absolutely inevitable moment when someone connects using any other front-end tool, SQL*Plus, MS Access, VB, ColdFusion, and makes a horrific mess of it all.

And I can't think of a single instance where this has not happened at some point in time.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu