Re: WHILE EXISTS ....

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:11:36 -0700

Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:

> Daniel Morgan (damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com) wrote:
> : Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:
>
> : > Daniel Morgan (damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com) wrote:
> : > : Uma Muthu wrote:
> : >
> : > : > Is there any easy way to use WHILE EXISTS in
> : > : > PL/SQL like T-SQL (See below).
> : > : >
> : > : > Any help would be grateful.
> : > : >
> : > : > TIA,
> : > : > Uma
> : > : >
> : > : > WHILE EXISTS (SELECT * FROM TABLE WHERE <Condition>)
> : > : >
> : > : > BEGIN
> : > : > SOME STUFF ....
> : > : > END
> : >
> : > : No. And the syntax is preposterous.
> : >
> : > No it isn't oracle syntax, but how is it preposterous?
> : >
> : > While a condition is true, do something;
> : >
> : > It looks a lot like pascal to me.
>
> : I answered your question. You chose to snip that part. I'd suggest a
> : re-read.
>
> How could you have answered my question when I didn't have a question?
> What Daniel Morgan wrote =~ m/\. (.*\.)$/s; "$1"

I'm on the line between ignoring this as rubbish and responding so ... with that in mind ...

You wrote:
"but how is it preposterous?"

Please note the question mark at the end. That, in the English language, signifies that
a question has been asked.

My statement was that the answer to the question was snipped from my previous post.

Now having thinly spread angst all over the internet I will ignore this thread henceforth.

Good day sir,

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu