List of DB using different providers?

From: Ashwin <ashwin21_99_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:19:57 -0700

Hi,

I was writing a small application to get some data from Scott schema. I am using C# and Visual Studio (IDE). I connected to the database using two different drivers. In the first case the driver used was "Oracle Provider for OleDb" and which gives me an endless list of tables. Some of the tables that it returns are :
_ALL_INSTANTIATION_DDL
_ALL_REPEXTENSIONS
_ALL_REPSITES_NEW

ALL_ALL_TABLES
ALL_APPLY
and so on ......
By the way all the above table names are displayed in the UI of server explorer (VS.Net).

But in case of the other driver "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle". A different list of tables show up (subset of huge list returned in case of the first one). Some of the names are as follows: LBAC_AUDIT_ACTIONS
BONUS
DEPT
EMP
XDB$ACL(XDB)
and so on...

One more thing about these table names is in the first and second case some of the tables listed do not even belong to Scott schema. Because when I listed the table names by using the following query:

SELECT table_name from ALL_TABLES; // logged in as scott.

Some of the names listed using both drivers are not displayed at all.

I wanted to know what query are these drivers using to get the names of the tables. Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 20:19:57 CDT