Re: SQLLDR9i error

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:26:57 GMT

Reading (and responding) between the lines

"R. Hutchinson" wrote:

> Has any experienced the following error when upgrading from Oracle8i
> to Oracle9i and running a 'batch' SQL Loader script?
>
> -----------------------
> ORACLE 9.2 SQL*LOADER ZONED DECIMAL DEFAULTIF CAUSING ERROR ORA-01458
> -----------------------
>
> The same SQL Loader script works just fine in Oracle8i but 'bombs' in
> Oralce9i SQL Load.
>
> It has been submitted as a TAR, With the following response:
>
> -----------------------
> Associated bug 3022089 has been updated and is still at status: 11.

Apparently this is not just a TAR but a BUG. There is a BUG number and you can reference updates using the BUG number rather than the TAR. Since this seems like a duplicate, your TAR might be closed as a duplicate.

> BUG has been screened by our Bug Diagnostics and Escalations team and

The Bug trackers have looked at this and concluded that it is, in fact, a BUG.

> passed onto Development

And have given it to the BUG swatters. They have not released a fix.

(Note: Scheduling, testing, documenting and releasing the fix is a matter of prioritization as well as resource availability. With 10i approaching, there is a chance for conflicts in resource availability.)

> Any idea what this response means in 'practical terms'?

 They've acknowledged it is a bug and you might be able to get additional info through the bug number. If you need it now, you might want to escalate (using regular escalation channels) to accelerate release.

HTH
/Hans Received on Thu Jun 26 2003 - 10:26:57 CDT