Re: What's the fastest ?

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:57:52 GMT

Jérôme VUIBERT wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I am transfering a database between 2 servers on a network, and can be
> accessed with ftp 100Mb.
>
> What's the quickest :
> - making an export through the network
> - making an export locally, then transfering the dump files by ftp.
>
> The quantity of datas would be around 20Go.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Jerome

I usually do this by exporting from the prod db from the target machine (during the night or another quiet time),this works ok, but my dmp file is nowhere near that size. I have also imported to(and from) the target machine by pointing to the dmp file on the other server and thats worked, but usually I'll try and get the dmp file on to the target machine.

hth Received on Wed Jun 25 2003 - 14:57:52 CDT