Re: What's the fastest ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 19:13:58 +0200

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:44:00 +0200, "Jérôme VUIBERT" <jerome.vuibert_at_fleximage.fr> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I am transfering a database between 2 servers on a network, and can be
>accessed with ftp 100Mb.
>
>What's the quickest :
> - making an export through the network
> - making an export locally, then transfering the dump files by ftp.
>
>The quantity of datas would be around 20Go.
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>Jerome

The first alternative needs to have the export running on the *target* server.
The second alternative could make use of zipped dmp files. You also won't be capable to export 20 G in one dump file.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jun 25 2003 - 12:13:58 CDT