Re: imp/exp and stored procedure

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 16:03:23 GMT

Typically, it is the size of the data, not the amount of stored procs that influence the export/import runtimes.......

Is it possible to just export the tables? You'll get indexes, constraints, and triggers on those tables as well. But like I said before, you won't get views, functions, etc.

HTH,
Brian

Jaret Lafoudravecmonhnez wrote:

> Brian Peasland wrote:
> > There is no parameters to include everything, yet exclude some
> > objects. About the best you can do is to export just tables and
> > indexes. You won't get the stored proc, but you also won't get views,
> > functions, sequences....
> >
> > Is there a reason why you don't want this SP in the dump file?
> >

> Yes, we have a very large amount of SP and they take ages to import/export.

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"