Re: Proxy authentication with the Oracle 9i thin driver?

From: Holger Peine <peine_at_iese.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:30:41 +0200

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Jun 2003 11:16:52 +0200, Holger Peine
> <peine_at_iese.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>can anyone tell me (better still) point me to a document detailing
>>what parts of Oracle Advanced Security are supported by the thin
>>driver in Oracle 9i?
>>Most urgent for me would be to know whether the thin driver supports
>>proxy user authentication / lightweight user sessions. It did not
>>in 8i, but I heard that the 9i thin driver is more powerful.
>>
>>Thanks for your advice,
>>Holger.
>
> Dr. Peine,
>
> Why repost this question if you already got the correct response? The
> thin driver doesn't use the Net software *at all*.
> You don't want to believe that? OK with me, but please don't repost if
> the answer doesn't suit you.

I wouldn't repost the same question if already answered. The first time I had asked about version 8i, and the second time I asked about 9i. Maybe that one-character difference slipped your eye (no problem with me).

Kind regards,
Holger Peine

--
Dr. Holger Peine
Fraunhofer IESE, Kaiserslautern, Germany