Re: Data change watch without triggers

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:02:53 +0000

stan wrote:

> I have two DB users.
> User A has the data and can change the data and is not allowed to use
> triggers.

Why not? Triggers are there to protect data integrity. What's the reason behind saying that user A is not allowed to "use" triggers? Besides, it is not the _user_ who is using the trigger, but the _database_.

> User B can access the data of user A and user B should monitor the
> data changes of user A, e.g. by a trigger.

Why? What must be B monitor? Why should it be monitored via a trigger?

> Somebady an idee how to solve this.

Yep.. <breaking out into song>

Young man, there's no need to be confused I said young man, pick yourself off the ground I said young man, 'cause you're on this list There's no need to be an ass...

It's fun to do the RFTM
It's fun to do the RFTM

It has everything for young men to enjoy It allows you to hang out with DBA boys

It's fun to do the RFTM
It's fun to do the RFTM

--
Billy