Re: trapping pl/sql errors with line numbers

From: Scott Mattes <Scott_at_TheMattesFamily.ws>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:19:57 GMT

Our customer wanted detailed info about where errors were happening in reports we were converting for them. After many iterations I am now using a package that 1) tracks the start and end times, 2) tracks which procedure/function the report is in, and the path of proc/funcs that got it there, with a call to a proc at the begin/end of the unit, 3) lets me tell what is being done, to what table, with an info msg, 4) called at top most exception handling I record a detailed msg with it that is put on the report.

If you only need info for Stored Procedures/Functions/Packages there is DBMS_UTILITY's format_call_stack and format_error_stack, but these don't seem to work in units coded in Reports or Forms.