Re: Interesting info about Oracle

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 15:02:23 +0000

Keith wrote:

> Oracle tactics draw ire
> By Noam Levey
> Mercury News Sacramento Bureau

<snipped>

Pressured to buy? That says a *lot* of the utterly sad and sorry ass state that management is in.

Any manager that is "pressured" in buying anything by a sales shark, _deserves_ his arm being torn off and chewed by the shark.

I have no sympathy for them. Why? Because they are clueless assholes. They do not see the unique oppertunity being presented. After all, who is the real person under pressure? The sales dork. He must meet his budget. That gives you all the leverage you need to make it work for _you_.

Besides, pressure on sales to close deals and meet budgets by fiscal year end is nothing new or unique to Oracle. I have seen this first hand on numerous occassions myself.. with many vendors other than Oracle.. and from both sides (yeah, used to be a techie gunslinger for sales sharks) . And I have seen this turning exactly the opposite way than what this article describes when dealt with correctly by management.

--
Billy