Re: MSDAORA.1 vs OraOLEDB.Oracle.1

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 17:04:33 +0100

"gkelly" <gkelly_xmission.com> wrote in message news:3ef396cc$0$11794$3a2ecee9_at_news.newshosting.com...
> Thank you for your advice,
> However, this application it for upgrading an existing database to a new
> version.
> This is an appropriate way to upgrade a database.

I offer no comments on appropriateness or otherwise, but suggest that given there appears to be an issue doing it this way, you consider whether running plaintext scripts through sqlplus might achieve your aims in a platform independent way.

If you do find that create trigger etc does not work through OLEDB and it is causing you real problems you could of course log a tar.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA