SQL Puzzle

From: Rob Snieder <mattjones_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 20 Jun 2003 10:53:23 -0700

Is their a way to create a query that combines data from different rows into a single row? For example, if you query v$SQLTEXT and pass in a hash_value, it will return several rows depending on the length of the statement. I would like to be able to query v$SQLTEXT and get one row per hash. Is their a way to use connect by, rollup, or some other rarely used SQL command to accomplish this? I realize that the user could get the sql already combined by querying v$SQLAREA but that is not the point of the question. I also realize this could be done easily in PL/SQL but I'm looking for a SQL only solution. Received on Fri Jun 20 2003 - 12:53:23 CDT