Re: RMAN archivelog backup failed

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:21:32 +0200

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003 12:07:01 GMT, "Dodo news" <rschoebel_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've scheduled RMAN in nocatalog mode to backup a database and
>associated archived redo logs nightly. Unfortunately the backup of
>archived redo logs occasionally fails, complaining a corrupt block was
>encountered whilst backing up a particular archived redo log.
>
>I could manually intervene by reseting the log sequence, however with
>approximately 1 Gig of logs archived each day the problem seems to be
>encountered a little too frequently, perhaps once or twice a week.
>
>I'm wondering if there are any RMAN command line options available to
>automatically ignore such an error. Obviously if the particular log
>were required for recovery purposes there'd be a problem but that
>would be unlikely and in the meantime no subsequent archived redo logs
>are being saved to tape.
>
>Any advice would be much appreciated.

Obviously the options for this are in the RMAN manual. Please read it, and if you don't understand it, ask questions here. Do not see this group as a replacement for reading the manual, like you do now.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jun 19 2003 - 12:21:32 CDT