Re: aggregate function to get 'any' value

From: Caspar von Seckendorff <seckendorff_at_alphatec.de>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 15:16:13 +0200

"Jusung Yang" <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:130ba93a.0306181524.28e2e39d_at_posting.google.com...
> Do you have evidence that the max() is hampering the performance? From
> what I can see, it is efficient and is probably the best choice you
> have for this type of query. The 2 queries show little differences on
> a table with more than half of a million rows.

Thanks for the analysis! I'll check out the performance imapact on some of the tables I'm actually using as soon as I get the chance.

As to what Sybrand Bakker wrote: I agree that in in my example the design is lousy, this is what I actually said in my post. But sometimes design of the tables is not the choice of the person writing the sql-queries. So I don't want to get into this discussion.

-Caspar Received on Thu Jun 19 2003 - 08:16:13 CDT