PL/SQL: How to print field/value at specific column without using spaces??

From: george lewycky <gelewyc_at_nyct.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 11:51:42 -0700

Hi

I'm using dbms_output.put_line to format some output but I cant seem to find a "simpler" way of printing the text, etc. at a specific column or location without adding spaces as I show below:

     dbms_output.put_line('- Brooklyn, NY 11201 ');

This is similiar to using TAB in BASIC, or PIC in COBOL

Any ideas or alternatives woud be appreciated

Thanks

George Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 13:51:42 CDT