Re: table wrapper through stored procedure

From: andrewst <member14183_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 16:46:32 +0000

Originally posted by Carsten Broschek
> Hi!
>
> Is there a way to deny directly access for reading/writing
> a dedicated table, but to access same table through a
> stored procedure:
>
> allow: user -----> SP ----> TABLE
>
> I want to handle some checkings via the stored procedure,
> so data should only changeable via SP. How do I have to
> define adequate grants?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Carsten

grant select, insert, update, delete on some_table to procedure_owner; grant execute on procedure to some_role; grant some_role to the_user;

DO NOT grant select, insert, update, delete on some_table to the_user or to any role that the_user has.

Obviously, the_user and procedure_owner cannot be the same user.