Re: Create user with dba role - no schema object in that user's name

From: michael ngong <mngong_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 08:42:17 -0700

"Hugo Bouckaert" <hugo_at_geoinformex.com> wrote in message news:<3eefdab2$0$29613_at_echo-01.iinet.net.au>...
> Hi
>
> I am new to Oracle but something is puzzling me: in Oracle 9i I created an
> ordinary user with role "connect" and system privileges to create a session,
> create a table and select any dictionary. I also gave that user a default
> tablespace to use and a quota on that and some other tablespaces.
>
> When I create a table in that user's name, in the Oracle 9i Enterprise
> Manager, the user name is listed under Schema and under that schema name for
> that user I can find a heading "tables" and the table that user created.
> This all seems very logical.
>
> Subsequently I decided to create another user with dba privileges (role
> "dba"). This user does NOT appear as an object in the Schema, and one of the
> tables I created with this user ended up in the Schema user name SYS
> although the default tablespace for that new users was set to tablespace
> USERS. I had a look at the new user's object privileges as there was
> something in there about execute on sys.sys_group - perhaps this came in by
> default when I assigned role "dba" to that user. I have taken this privilege
> away but still no schema object is created in that user's name.
>
> Would someone be able to explain under what circumstances a Schema object
> appears / does not appear in a user's name in the Oracle 9i Enterprise
> Manager, how I can restore "execute on sys.sys_group" for the dba users and
> precisely what that means and whether it is necessary for this user to have
> dba privileges?
>
> Thanks very much.
>
> Hugo

If I understood your problem .You are creating an object and the object appears as owned by sys.
QUESTION:
Is the tablespace the object appears in USERS or SYSTEM.If it is system then you are probably logged on as SYS user and the default tablespace will be system which is not very uncommon

Michael Tubuo Ngong Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 10:42:17 CDT