Optimize Index - help needed

From: RJ <rjwerning_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Jun 2003 07:53:48 -0700

Sorry for having to bug others for help, but I'm still fighting my way through some of the DBA tasks since our DBA quit (he has yet to be replaced).

We're using Oracle 8.1.7

Select statement that is running and takes around 3 min to process:

select * from G_CONTRACT
where (project not in (select project from G_PROJECT_ID_REL where (loginid =
'test1') and (business_unit = 'DEM')))
and (R_STATUS = 'A')
and BUSINESS_UNIT = 'DEM'
order by CONTRACT

Table G_CONTRACT has 1.5 million records

UNIQUE INDEX G_CONTRACT001 ON G_CONTRACT (   PROJECT, BUSINESS_UNIT)
INDEX G_CONTRACT002 ON G_CONTRACT (
  CONTRACT, BUSINESS_UNIT) Table G_PROJECT_ID_REL has 800,000 records

UNIQUE INDEX GPROJECTIDREL001 ON G_PROJECT_ID_REL (   LOGINID, PROJECT, BUSINESS_UNIT) What I would like to know is:

Thanks a ton,
  Rich Werning Received on Wed Jun 18 2003 - 09:53:48 CDT