Re: Are there any Oracle bloggers out there?

From: Mark Rittman <markrittman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:49:02 +0100

Joel

You're probably right that your average Oracle DBA is more comfortable using Usenet and Unix than a web browser and web publishing tools. However, it's worth noting that Microsoft have taken a conscious decision to get their tech staff writing blogs, entering into a dialog with their customers and developers and putting across the company's 'human side'.

It just seems a shame to me that there isn't an equivalent community out there, blogging about working with Oracle technology. I've worked with Oracle tools for around seven years now and I wouldn't work with anything else, however as we all know, they can be a pain as well. I'm starting to think that perhaps the reason there's no blogging community out there is for two reasons; one, Oracle DBAs and Developers are less predisposed to use new tools and technology such as blogging tools, and secondly, there isn't that same excitement about the Oracle tools and products.

Or maybe i'm wrong?