Re: OCI - not for Java??

From: Holger Peine <peine_at_iese.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 07:46:16 +0200

Jim Kennedy wrote:

> > So, my question is now:
> >
> > *** Does the JDBC thin driver support proxy authentication
> > and lightweight user sessions? ***
>
> Why are you limited to the thin driver? The thick driver is
> pretty easy to install.
> Jim

Because the application server (including the choice of JDBC driver) is developed by another organization, and I am only responsible for the database server. Of course the two components intersect when it comes to user authentication, and that leads to my above question - I suppose I cannot talk the application server people into using another driver because that means unpaid work for them.

So, my question still stands.

Thanks for your advice,
Holger.

--
Dr. Holger Peine
Fraunhofer IESE, Kaiserslautern, Germany