Re: Guideline to save 0 or NULL to a NUMBER column (miles off topic)

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:25:21 +0100

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3EEF6382.9314C55B_at_exxesolutions.com...
> In your spare time try this:
>
> e raised to the power (pi * i)) + 1

I was fortunate enough to have a maths teacher, Q if anyone from Worthing VI Form College is on this group, who claimed and gave reasons for

e^^i*pi+1=0

being the most elegant equation that there is, linking as it does probably the 5 most important numbers that exist.

Of course his proofs that read at a critical point

"Clearly" or "by inspection" or "consider" irritated me somewhat then and annoy the hell out of me now.

Anyway a marvellous teacher and man.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA