Sql to PL/Sql sub-query

From: MChristy <mchristy433_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 07:13:45 -0700

I have two questions based on the Sql statement below:

1 SELECT TRMJC.LERETA19589.PARCEL,TRMJC.LERETA19589.PROPID,mpropertynumber 2 FROM trmjc.lereta19589 LEFT JOIN
3 (SELECT sa.t_property.mpropertynumber,sa.t_property.mpropertyid 4 FROM sa.t_property
5 WHERE sa.t_property.mendtaxyear= 999999999 6 and sa.t_property.meffstatus = 'A')

7 ON trmjc.lereta19589.parcel=mpropertynumber 8 WHERE mpropertynumber IS NULL

1.) Why on line 7 when I preface the field mpropertynumber with the table owner and the table i.e. sa.t_property.mpropertynumber I receive the following error (Invalid Column Name)? Otherwise, if I do not do this the SQL statement works fine.

2.)How would you convert the above SQl syntax to PL/SQL syntax i.e. using the operator (+) to accomplish the left join.

I'am new to SQl and I'am currently using PL/SQL Developer to write and execute my code.

Thanks,

Mchristy Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 09:13:45 CDT