Re: Oracle Takeover Bid of PeopleSoft Falls Through

From: Greg Forestieri <gforestieri9_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 16 Jun 2003 05:03:40 -0700

Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl> wrote in message news:<99pmevgjdp8c34dgv31iqo3cgarjjr7ekt_at_4ax.com>...
> Any estimate on the number of Foreign Keys in Oracle Applications
> (Oracle Financials)? You don't want to know it!

We did a project to merge several instances of Financials together once. To do this we had to have the foreign keys defined somewhere, whether formally declared or logically enforced in Forms. For just the 5 modules we use, and just the 127 tables we were interested in there were 500+ FKs. Yes the total number must be staggering. And to think of all of the foreign keys that have been killed off over the years in the interest of "performance". :( Received on Mon Jun 16 2003 - 07:03:40 CDT