Re: Oracle EXP error

From: Adam C <adam_at_ddisolutions.com.au>
Date: 15 Jun 2003 17:21:05 -0700

> Are you doing this over Terminal Server by any chance? If so, then you
> would have to connect via TNS. TS would not allow a local connection.
>
> exp userid=user/password_at_host
>
> Regards
> /Rauf Sarwar

Hello Rauf and others

Thanks for your reply, very close, but as it turns out the cause must be slightly different (because I am not using TS), that said I stumbled across the syntax you identified myself on the weekend and it solved the problem.

Though I am not doing things via TS, I am working from within a domain across to a 'workgroup' (test PC). Not the best environment I know, but we are in a bit of a rush to get things cracking.

Sorry for not posting my OS and Oracle version (Win2K Oracle8i :)

Thanks very much once again.

Adam Received on Sun Jun 15 2003 - 19:21:05 CDT